Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Go Garcia!!!!!


Daniel


Well it was no surprise to see me old mucker Vinny win the Stan James darts championship destroying his opponent 5-1 and helping me cop on one of Paul 'Jade Goody' Gardens price ricks. Jade had made the less than 81 highest check-out prices 7/4 whereas I had it at 4-7. I the very last leg I gave Vinny a knowing wink when he had 107 left. I assumed he would just throw a couple of random darts leaving me to cop. Instead it was triple 20, 15 and then a hitting of the wire on double 16, phew.

Friday saw me `finally sort out all my exit plans with PF and then a few beers with a few people to extend my gratitude for all their support to me over the last couple of years.
Earlier I got a surprise when I got a phone call from my old man saying he was on business in Spain and wanted to meet up for a few beers later. A good few beers were had in Molly's and Billy's and we kicked on with the owner of Billy's (surprisingly called Billy) to a new LaLinea discovery for me, a very late opening chilled out Jazzy/Bluesy type bar.

Saturday night was the organised quiet drink for Tomas, his last day was Sunday so we all decided to take it fairly easy, the session finished early Monday morning. In that time we picked up various waifs and strays and enjoyed the Real Barca before enjoying a few more beers then I finally collapsed with exhaustion.

Monday saw me make a rash purchase after advice from my old mucker Faiz., Tiger Woods 2007 PS2 and already im finding it difficult to leave the house or eat or do anything else in fact, though in between rounds I have done a bit of thinking and if things all go according to plan it is possible I could make my way to Oz for the 3rd test at the Waca. I have relatives in Perth who made the fatal mistake recently of inviting me over, believing im sure that it would be a million to one I would go, ha-ha.

Talking of cricket the North South cricket game was cancelled due to bad weather which is a worry as from tomorrow the Volvo Masters at Valderrama begins with the order of merit up for grabs. A much better judge than me has strongly recommended an each bet on Garcia at 11-2 as a decent bet to nothing so when I saw the bonus king Betfred offering 7/1 and 5 places I decided to press a little. Magnificent record, form & home venue all point to Garcia according to the judge so im advocating any responsibility should he not cop.

Though i will be up at Valderrama a couple of days I will also be playing a couple of times and look forward to playing the old course at San Roque, the original championship course around these parts. Plenty of plans then but the problem is the weather has turned absolutley shite and im so spoilt by the summer even the slightest dark cloud has me scurrying back to bed.

I was hoping to make my way to Alicante next week but there is a potential clash of options. A few days in a villa in Alicante with one of my best mates was a big jolly but then I received an email from a 'Girl' I met in Ireland on holiday recently who is threatening to make a trip over here. It is totally not what you may be thinking, as Clinton famously said, 'I did not have sexual relations with that women', she was a good laugh and I did say she could stay. Even then it would have been a close call but when she said a friend of hers would also like to stay (and yes I checked it's not a bloke) I think they may have tipped the balance.

Also recently I had a lovely email from my one and only ex fiancée. She now lives in New Zealand with her family (I guess she would have moved further away from me if it was physically possible but short of moving to the moon I guess it isn’t).
'Sara' and I are still good mates and like to catch up every 6 months or so. In her honour I include a lovely picture of her 3 month old first born 'Daniel'. I know its cute but in reality im hoping this may appease him if in 20 years time he comes looking for the bloke who made his mother's life a misery for so long.